Drill rigs and platforms
SPS Overlay avoids production downtime, reduces maintenance costs and risks assocatied with the structural repair and upgrade of drill rigs and production platforms.
Notable applications include: the strengthening of heli-decks to comply with new aircraft weight regulations (CAP 437). Pipe-rack decks and drill floors can be made stronger and more resistant to impact damage whilst pontoon structures, subject to impact and puncture damage, can be reinstated and strengthened, as can mud tanks.
SPS Overlay allows offshore operators to:
· Upgrade drill rigs and production platforms in-situ and without associated production losses
· Increase the longevity of pipe decks, lay down areas, side shells, fendering and pontoons due to the impact resistance of SPS
· Reduce repair work risk through no disruption to under deck services and cold work repair option
· Upgrade blast and fire protection with SPS Overlay
· Undertake repairs in difficult to access areas